Here is a step-by-step process for booking and performing Umrah:
- Research and choose an Umrah operator: Before booking, it’s important to do some research and choose a reputable Umrah operator that offers packages that meet your needs and budget.
- Select a package: Once you have selected an Umrah operator, choose a package that suits your requirements. This may include airfare, accommodation, transportation, and other services.
- Apply for a visa: You will need to apply for a visa to enter Saudi Arabia for the purpose of performing Umrah. The Umrah operator can assist with the application process and provide guidance on the requirements and procedures.
- Make a payment: After selecting a package, you will need to make a payment to the Umrah operator to confirm your booking.
- Enter the state of Ihram: Before entering Mecca, you must enter the state of Ihram, which is a state of purity and consecration that involves specific rituals and restrictions. This includes wearing special clothing, abstaining from certain activities, and making the intention to perform Umrah.
- Perform Tawaf: Tawaf is the act of circumambulating the Kaaba seven times in a counter-clockwise direction. It’s important to enter the mosque with the right foot and recite the appropriate prayers while performing the Tawaf.
- Perform Sa’i: Sa’i is the act of walking seven times between the hills of Safa and Marwah, which commemorates the story of Hagar searching for water for her son Ishmael. It’s important to start at Safa and end at Marwah.
- Shave or trim hair: After completing the Tawaf and Sa’i, men must shave their heads or trim their hair, while women should trim a small portion of their hair. This symbolizes the completion of the Umrah rituals.
- Exit the state of Ihram: After completing the Umrah rituals, you can exit the state of Ihram and resume your normal activities.
It’s important to note that the steps and procedures for performing Umrah may vary slightly depending on the time of year and the specific package offered by the Umrah operator. It’s also important to be respectful and mindful of the other pilgrims during the performance of the rituals.